The reason why you might need a Chartered Surveyor?

James McPhail Chartered Surveyor

Hi! My name is James McPhail, and I would like to let you know a little bit about the reason why you might need a chartered surveyor, but aren’t necessarily aware why.

Read more about my surveying and valuation services at

You can also find me here on Twitter and Facebook



Who is James McPhail MRICS?

First of all, a bit of an intro relating to me.

I begun in the structure markets over 30 years ago, and in that time have held numerous different rolls from design to more hands-on.

More or less 22 years ago, I made the decision to train as a surveyor and sooner or later became a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), which is the managing body that accredits qualified professionals within the land, house, development, and commercial infrastructure sectors, throughout the world.



What does a Chartered Surveyor undertake?

Chartered Surveyors are principally property experts but incredibly highly trained, and our aim is almost always to provide you with a variety of third party services around challenges regarding property.

We are involved in all aspects of house and building consultancy and even at the simplest level, duties incorporate valuing property or home and looking for structural imperfections in premises

Chartered surveyors can offer mortgage valuations, homebuyer's evaluation as well as valuations, full structure reviews, building surveyors' services, quantity surveying, ground surveying, auctioneering, real estate management as well as types of survey- and building-related professional advice.

It is not usual for just about any different member to provide competence in all areas, and this is why alliance or companies are created to generate general techniques qualified to supply you with a larger range of surveying solutions.



How exactly do you become a Chartered Surveyor?

I have produced some information for those of you who may possibly like to go after this career path.

1st, you’ll must complete a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) approved degree study course, like surveying, construction, civil engineering, or possibly building engineering, followed by commercial development training.

If you have got a non-RICS certified degree, you’ll would be wise to undertake a postgraduate qualification in surveying. You can do this through:

A company's college graduate training scheme
Studying full time at an RICS-accredited university or college
Getting a distance studying postgraduate changing study course (as long as you’re already being employed in engineering)

If you have an HNC, HND or perhaps foundation qualification in surveying as well as construction, you will be ready to start working as a surveying technical assistant then undertake further certification.

A few firms may additionally offer you a degree apprenticeship study course.

The RICS includes much more information on the subject of surveying jobs together with certified degree courses.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Comments on “The reason why you might need a Chartered Surveyor?”

Leave a Reply